This is a texturing/lighting project from last semester that I decided to make a little video of the process for. I've been saving stuff from my Push/Pull, too, so that will pop up soon. I think I'm going to keep this as a theme.
DFA assignment turned in today. As with everything, there's so much that still needs to be done to it, but it will have to wait.
We started with thumbnails. I found it interesting to make random scribbles at high res, take a little section, then scale it down and back up so it loses resolution. The interpolation it does when it scales back up looks interesting, I think, as well as noise filters. Had a ton of fun.
Then we had to make some kind of sense of these things using characters we made in a previous assignment.
Then we picked one and ran with it, which is how I got the final at top.
Some progress from the Push/Pull project. First one's my first render when I threw some lights in there, I love seeing where things start compared to where they end. It's interesting to see things so raw, with all the stand-in of where things get comped, where the bush goes, etc....
This is closer to where it's at, at the moment.
Also, the basic blend shapes of my PP character. I just thought this was funny. He can do basic emoting now, but I plan on expanding the capacity of his facial rig after the semester is over, spend the winter making something REALLY pliable.
Will post the animation when it's done :D