Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Norse

So, the day before we had a little sketch thing here. The assignment was to spend the hour drawing a design of a "space viking". I was stoked, since I was looking to do an actual Norseman as part of the previous character design bit. Unfortunately, I showed up for the last 10 minutes of the little event, because I got caught up animating in the lab. So I madly scribbled away whatever came to mind in light blue pencil, so that it would be easy to edit it if there was anything interesting to salvage from the rushed doodling.

Anyway, afterward I did a short little doodle of a more cartoony image of a space viking(below). Then did some scribbles, making a random robot shape or two.

Tonight I took a few minutes with the Space-Viking and quickly markered/inked it in. I really want to learn how to ink well enough that my fantastic inking can overpower the shortcomings of a drawing. This would make me most happy. I think I'm going to start inking up more of my drawings so that I can start moving toward this goal.

1 comment:

Meatmonkey said...

Space Vikings are cool. I like the viking in the traditional space garb with the air hose. I can see them launching a viking longship adapted for space.
"To go and raid where no one has raided before."